Think you don’t have time for breakfast? Try one of these quick and healthy breakfasts that will beat any fast food place for taste and nutrition.
5 High Protein, Easy to Make Breakfasts
1. Breakfast Bento Box Place one large hard-boiled egg, 1/4 cup almonds, 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese topped with 1/2 cup berries, and 4 whole-grain crackers in a bento box or other re-sealable container for a 31 gram, protein-packed breakfast that’s 454 calories.
2. Protein Parfait Place 1 cup of plain lowfat Greek yogurt in the bottom of a glass or Mason jar. Layer with 1 cup berries, 1/4 cup walnuts, and 1/4 whole grain cereal for a 500 calorie parfait that also provides 31 grams of satisfying protein.
3. Silky Chocolate-Banana-PB Protein Smoothie In a blender combine, 6 ounces silken tofu, 1 cup skim milk, 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1/2 frozen banana, 1.5 tablespoons dry unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon honey. Blend until you have a smooth, delicious 452-calorie, 33-gram protein smoothie.
4. Portable Protein-Packed Breakfast Sandwich Toast two slices of sprouted grain bread (such as Ezekiel). Top with 1 egg cooked any way you like, 2 slices warm Canadian bacon, 1 thin slice cheddar cheese, 1 large slice tomato, and 1 cup baby spinach. This tasty sandwich comes in at 415 calories and 34 grams of protein.
5. Killer Quinoa Cook 1/2 cup quinoa in 1 cup skim milk (instead of water) according to the package directions. Top cooked quinoa with 1/3 cup lowfat Greek yogurt of your choice, 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries to enjoy a filling 454 calorie breakfast with 30 grams protein.